Have good knowledge in steel making and melting practices being employed in steel industry; be aware of the know-hows of the latest technology being employed in the steel melting and steel making sections; Basic knowledge in operation of spectrometer; experience in volumetric analysis of a compound is desirable.
1. Work in tandem with the production manager SMS to ensure that the molten metal is in accordance to the international standards of the steel melting.
2. Direct the melter in charging a certain type of scrap in a specified time period so as to ensure that the heat time is reduced.
3. Suggest the management to procure a certain type of scrap in order to ensure that a perfect chemistry of the molten metal is obtained.
4. Be aware of the chemistry required for a certain which is rolled in the rolling mill while complying with the stands set by the organization as well as the industry.
5. Work in tandem with the quality control manager in ensuring that the chemistry obtained is relevant to the specified standards.
Looking for B.E/B.Tech graduates profile.