The Retail Business Systems (RBS) group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role manages multiple teams servicing multiple categories and different tasks for amazon.in. The individual would be responsible for overall planning, budgeting, growth, delivery, process efficiency and productivity for their respective work groups. The individual would have targets on process standardization and automation. Would engage with the Category teams across the globe and build customer confidence through quality delivery, robust processes and sound reporting metrics. The individual would be responsible and be a point of escalation for the delivery by the teams reporting to him/her. A Service Delivery Manager would report to the RBS Site lead. The key activities include:
- Work with category team to add selection with minimal defects.
- Own and drive execution of global enhanced marketing content (A+) program.
- Own and aligns process goals to business goals
- Ensuring that classification is aligned with Amazon catalogues worldwide and that products sourced comply with the Amazon dangerous goods management program;
- Owns monthly/ quarterly business reviews and complete documentations
- Continuous improvement of Amazon processes;
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure vendors or sellers comply with legal requirements.
- Documentation: manage, maintain and improve documentation processes;
- Conduct weekly audit reports to track compliance issues Standardize and maintain Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs);
- Troubleshoot and drive resolutions with Vendors to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies; ensure vendor compliances and scalable communication processes
- Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
- Work with internal stakeholders (category leaders) and influence teams outside retail systems. Builds programs to address business challenges and provide solutions to execute/ implement
- Drive operational efficiency through analysis
Key Performance Areas:
· People Management (leadership role, managing Operations/Catalog Manager, team management, floor control and retention)
· Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team
· Metrics Management
· Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
· Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
· Co-owner in the process of budget planning
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience of relevant experience managing large operations organization
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced, changing and growing organization
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions.
- Fluent in English, both oral and verbal
- Knowledge on Lean and Six sigma tools
- Ability to work in highly ambiguous environment with multiple stakeholders
- Fulltime Masters in Business Administration