Share This Job With Others
- SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Understands product technology around drivetrain, bearings, hydraulics, etc. To a substantial degree and be able to communicate with customer’s engineers and consultants as a subject matter expert on such topics.
• Develops and maintains region-specific technical documentation in support of mechanical systems.
• Conducts root cause analysis for mechanical systems component failures and prepares formal reports.
• Develops cost effective technical solutions for mechanical systems issues.
• Works within multi-discipline teams to solve complex mechanical, electrical and structural problems.
• Provides technical guidance to other engineers within the department.
• Participates in industry groups wind technology. In some instances it will be necessary to lead or influence some key industry groups.
• construction-related issues regarding turbine installation.
• construction Requests for Information (RFIs) for contractor installation modification requests.
• necessary drawings, specifications, and documents for project installations and continuous improvement projects associated with construction.
• corrective action projects to analyze and resolve field failures of mechanical systems/components for wind turbine generators.
• necessary drawings, specifications, and documents for wind turbine generator maintenance and continuous improvement projects associated with in-service turbines.