Jobs in India

Teacher Vacancy

Kolkata Municipal Corporation
Job Description
Post Name : Teacher
No. of Vacancy : 100 Posts
Pay Scale : Rs. 10000/- (Per Month)
Educational Qualification : Higher Secondary passe in any stream or Graduate in any Discipline.
Age Limit : Maximum age limit is 37 years (as on 01.01.2017)
Job Location : Kolkata (West Bengal)
Selection Process : Selection will be made on through Practical Test.
Application fee : There is no Application Fee.
How to Apply : Interested candidates may apply in prescribed application form along with relevant document send to Education Department, 1 Hogg Street, 2nd floor Kolkata-700087 from 01.04.2017 to 17.04.2017.
Kolkata finds mention in the Ain-E-Akbari, an encyclopaedic work compiled by Abdul Fazl, Prime Minister of Akbar. It was a Khas Mahal or imperial jagir. The zamindari rights of Kolkata and the adjoining lands from Barisha to Halisahar were conferred upon the Savarna Ray Chowdhuri family of Barisha by Emperor Janhangir.
Though Siraj-ud-Dowla ransacked the English Settlement in 1756, Kolkata was retaken by Robert Clive in 1757. The battle of Plassey followed by the grant of Dewani to the Company in 1768 enabled the English to establish suzerainty over the province of Bengal. Kolkata was made a separate presidency as early as 1707, the administration being entrusted to a council of four members headed by the President. There was, however, a zamindar (Collector of Kolkata) who was directly responsible for collection of taxes and settlement of disputes. Steady growth of the city resulted in the acquisition of 38 neighbouring villages by the Company in 1717.
By a royal charter, the first Corporation was set up on 4th September, 1726, consisting of a Mayor and 9 Aldermen. Somehow, they were mainly concerned with discharging judicial functions as Mayors Court. The administration continued to be in the hands of the Zamindar, assisted by a deputy known as black zamindar.
Another royal charter in 1763 redefined the powers and responsibilities of the civic body, marginally to cope with additional demands made on it. Expansion of the lighting and conservancy services, laying of roads and drains and excavation of tanks for supply of drinking water were the direct outcome of the growth the city. Clearance of the Maidan, construction of Fort William in the present site and the spread of European quarters at Chowringhee were the significant developments between 1757 and 1800.
The management of the town was placed in the hands of Justice of Peace under Charter of 1793. From 1794 to 1876, the Chairman of the Justices discharged the duties of the Police Commissioner as well as the Chief Executive of the Municipality, Assessment department, executive department and judicial department constituted the broad functional area. However, lack of resources combined with absence of adequate statutory powers made their tasks far from happy. At the intervention of Lord Wellesley a Town Improvement Committee was formed in 1804 with thirty members.
Since 1793, it had been the practice to raise money for town development by means of lotteries. As long as the Town Improvement Committee existed, parts of these funds were channelised for their activities. In 1817 the Lottery Committee was formed. To them we owe the Town Hall, the Beliaghata Canal and a large number of roads.
Candidate Profile
Higher Secondary passe in any stream or Graduate in any Discipline.
Looking for Any Graduate graduates profile.
Company Profile
About Kolkata municipal corporation
Kolkata finds mention in the Ain-E-Akbari, an encyclopaedic work compiled by Abdul Fazl, Prime Minister of Akbar. It was a Khas Mahal or imperial jagir. The zamindari rights of Kolkata and the adjoining lands from Barisha to Halisahar were conferred upon the Savarna Ray Chowdhuri family of Barisha by Emperor Janhangir.

Sutanati, Kolkatta and Gobindapur, covering roughly the area along the banks of the Hooghly from Baghbazar to Barabazar, thence to Esplanade and from there up to Hastings, were three insignificant villages, when the East India Company raised their banner, On his return journey from Madras following rapprochement with the Mogul Fouzdar, Job Charnock landed at Sutanati on 24th August, 1690, at a place now known as Hatkhola. The Savarna Ray Chowdhuri family was persuaded by Prince Azim-us-Shan, grandson of Aurangzeb to transfer the zamindari rights of the three villages of Sutanati, Kolkatta and Gobindapur to the East India Company for Rs. 1300/- on November 8, 1698. Work on the first Fort William was begun in 1697 and completed in phases.

Though Siraj-ud-Dowla ransacked the English Settlement in 1756, Kolkata was retaken by Robert Clive in 1757. The battle of Plassey followed by the grant of Dewani to the Company in 1768 enabled the English to establish suzerainty over the province of Bengal. Kolkata was made a separate presidency as early as 1707, the administration being entrusted to a council of four members headed by the President. There was, however, a zamindar (Collector of Kolkata) who was directly responsible for collection of taxes and settlement of disputes. Steady growth of the city resulted in the acquisition of 38 neighbouring villages by the Company in 1717.

By a royal charter, the first Corporation was set up on 4th September, 1726, consisting of a Mayor and 9 Aldermen. Somehow, they were mainly concerned with discharging judicial functions as Mayors Court. The administration continued to be in the hands of the Zamindar, assisted by a deputy known as black zamindar.

Another royal charter in 1763 redefined the powers and responsibilities of the civic body, marginally to cope with additional demands made on it. Expansion of the lighting and conservancy services, laying of roads and drains and excavation of tanks for supply of drinking water were the direct outcome of the growth the city. Clearance of the Maidan, construction of Fort William in the present site and the spread of European quarters at Chowringhee were the significant developments between 1757 and 1800.

The management of the town was placed in the hands of Justice of Peace under Charter of 1793. From 1794 to 1876, the Chairman of the Justices discharged the duties of the Police Commissioner as well as the Chief Executive of the Municipality, Assessment department, executive department and judicial department constituted the broad functional area. However, lack of resources combined with absence of adequate statutory powers made their tasks far from happy. At the intervention of Lord Wellesley a Town Improvement Committee was formed in 1804 with thirty members.

Since 1793, it had been the practice to raise money for town development by means of lotteries. As long as the Town Improvement Committee existed, parts of these funds were channelised for their activities. In 1817 the Lottery Committee was formed. To them we owe the Town Hall, the Beliaghata Canal and a large number of roads.

An Act was passed in 1840 to involve the rate payers in the assessment of taxes. However, the move was almost still-born. So, a fresh enactment came in 1847 providing for a Board of seven members, four of whom were to be elected. In 1852 their number was reduced to four by an Act : two being appointed by the Government and the other two elected. In 1856, their number was further reduced to three, all of whom were appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
Post Resume Free
Want latest jobs in alert?
More Information
Location Calcutta
Education Any Graduate
Experience 0 (yrs)
Industry Government Jobs
Share Us With Others
Post Resume Free
Latest Sarkari Naukri and Results Alert

Similar Jobs to Teacher Vacancy Jobs

Ukpsc Uttarakhand Psc
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Thsti Translation Health Science And Technology Institute
Gnlu Gujarat National Law University
Contact Us Terms of Services Privacy Policy Government Jobs Sarkari Naukri Rojgar Samachar Nausena Bharti


Follow us on : Find us on Facebook Find us on Google+ Find us on Twitter

2018 YuvaJobs.com - All Rights Reserved
Looking for Jobs? Click Here Post Your Resume Free !